Skip to main content

Arrangements for the care of children following separation can be formalised by Parenting Plans or Consent Orders.

Parenting Plans are easily changed; however, they aren’t binding. Consent Orders are binding, which provides you with security in relation to the time you are to spend. However, they are difficult to change. You can agree on alternate arrangements for one-off occasions, but if you wish to permanently change the arrangement, you’ll need new Orders.

If you can’t agree on a new arrangement for the children’s care, there must be a substantial and significant change in circumstances for the Orders to be changed.

Looking for a lawyer to assist you through separation? The fantastic team at Ruhl Family Law Centre can help you out. Get in touch today!

Plus, keep up to date with Pakmag’s latest parenting news and more!