As the consistently leading school in North Queensland for educational outcomes, the Prep Program sets the foundation for the Grammar approach to teaching and learning.
The Prep Year is considered the formal start of a child’s learning journey. Children come together at the beginning of the school year with a mix of experiences, abilities, talents and interests and the Prep Program introduces them to the School’s culture of learning.
“We know that children learn best when they feel comfortable and happy,” said Timothy Kelly, Principal of Townsville Grammar School. “Our Prep teaching teams deliver a full experience of creative learning, supported by the development of genuine relationships with our parents and families.”
The Townsville Grammar School Prep Program Offers:
- Early childhood trained Teachers
- Full-time Teacher Aides in each Prep classroom
- Optimised class sizes
- Specialist Teachers for Music, Library, Performing Arts, Physical Education and Languages
- Inspiring learning environments linked to student curiosity and interests
- IT-enabled Prep classrooms
- Dedicated Prep playgrounds
- Music Program
- Sports and Swimming Program
- Personal development of character strengths through the Pastoral Care Program, ‘Positive Education’
- Transition to Year 1 Program (Semester 2 focused)
- Two Campus locations – Annandale and North Shore
- TGS Bus service linking the three campuses
“Our Prep classrooms and precincts are learning spaces designed to inspire imagination, creativity, curiosity and investigation,” said Mr Kelly. “This is where the learning journey begins, and it is vital that we capture our students’ imagination and instil a sense of wonder for learning as early as possible.”
For more information on getting ready for Prep with Townsville Grammar head to http://www.tgs.qld.edu.au .