- This event has passed.
Townsville Cup Fashions on the Field 2023
August 12, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 4:30 pm AEST
Pre-Register for HHA Fashions on the Field at Ladbrokes Townsville Cup day.
Receive a glass of bubbles on arrival into the fashion marquee thanks to Brown Brothers, with special guest judges Brittany Tamou and mother Kerry McGlone, joined by Nathan Toll and Ibilolia Holder.
For seasoned competitors and fashion socialites alike. The marquee will be available for all registered entrants to enjoy throughout the day.
For entry, you must provide evidence of your paid registration + categories entered into either electronically or print out. Any categories entered into without registration will not count.
You must hold a ticket to Ladbrokes Townsville Cup to participate.
CONTESTANTS MEET AT THE FASHION MARQUEE ON THE FIG TREE LAWNS NO LATER THAN 2MIN BEFORE CATEGORY JUDGING TIMES. Judging times will be released on Cluden Park social media & website the week of the event and displayed on the day in front of the Fashion Marquee.
Fashion Categories will be scheduled, judged in the marquee and presented on stage in the following order:
- Best Dressed Duo
- King of the Cup
- Queen of the Cup
Theme: ‘Très élégant
With an atmosphere of sophisticated opulence, individual style, an interpretation of current magenta and red hues alongside classic black & white, this will be the event of the season. Stick to the classics or design with class and let your overall style from head to toe do the talking.
TRANS-SEASONAL – All year. While it is our Winter Racing Carnival, our NQ climate allows for trans-seasonal racewear. Choose either a Spring/Summer look or a Winter/Autumn look as both will be equally judged based on your choice.
MILLINERY – with trans-seasonal both Summer/Spring and Winter/Autumn materials will be accepted.
Points To Consider:
Appropriate colours & seasonal fabric for either Summer/Spring or Autumn/Winter
Theme & stage presence
Open Toe Footwear will be considered. Spaghetti straps will not.
Grooming and deportment are important
Detail given to accessories
This year ‘Best Dressed Duo’ will include, mother and daughter/son, father and son/daughter, couples and siblings. Coordinate your outfits and have fun. Only one of the Duo entrants needs to register for the category.
*Please read Terms and Conditions before registering.
CLUDEN PARK FASHIONS ON THE FIELD COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. This category is open to males and females aged 18 years and over
2. Contestants and/or their outfits are not permitted to promote commercially a brand,
store or designer or receive a commercial benefit from appearing in the competition.
3. Contestants must not receive any payment or benefit from a third party (including
any commercial enterprise) for entering, participating or otherwise in connection with
4. Contestants must not in any way disparage or make derogatory comments in any
form (whether verbally, electronically or otherwise) about the Promoter or judges, any
competition associated with the Fashions on the Field competition or other
contestants at any time.
5. If a Contestant is in breach of any of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may
(at its absolute discretion) disqualify the Contestant from the Competition
and/or any other Fashions on the Field competition.
6. The decision decided by the number of votes is final and no correspondence will be
7. For the overall Fashions on the Field Season winner category; should there be more
than one entrant with the same winning points score the judges’ decision is final. In
the event there are only two entrants with the highest score, the judges’ will
announce one entrant as the winner and the 2nd entrant as the runner up.
8. Prize/s awarded to contestant must remain property of contestant.
9. Committee members, staff and immediate family of Cluden Park are not eligible to
10. All winners and runners up will be notified on the day.
11. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
13. Travel and accommodation prizes subject to terms and conditions.
14. Contestants entering as Lady of the Day or Queen of The Cup cannot enter as Contemporary and vice versa.
15. Winners must collect their FOTF prizing on the day in which it was won, or arrange
for collection from the Cluden Park Racecourse Administration office.
(Address: Racecourse Road, Cluden, Townsville). Collection must take place within 7
working days. Failure to collect prizing within 7 working days will result in the
winner forfeiting the prize/s.
16. Contestants agree that their competition photos may be used on promotional
materials at any time in the future.
PHOTO AND FILM CONSENT
1. Agree to the Cluden Park, its employees, officers, agents and
contractors (a) making images or recordings, whether sound, digital or otherwise, of
me (“Images and Recordings”); (b) using, publishing or reproducing the Images and
Recordings in any form (in whole or in part) and by any medium, including but not
limited to newspapers, magazines, brochures, television advertisements, promotional
videos, websites, CD-ROM or other multi-media, for public relations, promotions,
commercial and advertising purposes (“Promotional Materials”); and (c) retaining or
storing the Images and Recordings (including those incorporated into Promotional
Materials), in hard copy or digitally, including but not limited to, deposit of the Images
and Recordings into a Queensland Government Image Library;
2. Agree that the rights granted to the Cluden Park are perpetual and that I will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from Cluden Park in connection with the making, use or storage of the Images and Recordings;
3. Agree to Cluden Park collecting, storing, handling, accessing, managing, transferring,
using and disclosing personal information about me, including but not limited to our
name, details and image, in connection with the Images and Recordings or the
4. Acknowledge and agree that any Promotional Materials which refer to me, expressly
or by implication, are, at the date of publication, made in good faith and are not
intended to defame or offend me or bring me into disrepute and, to the best of the
Cluden Park’s knowledge, are true and correct;
5. Agree that Cluden Park is the owner of the copyright in the Images and Recordings and
the physical Images and Recordings; and
6. Acknowledge that by registering online of my own free will, on the full understanding
and comprehension of the terms of this form.